Has it really been almost a month since I last posted? Wow, time certainly seems to fly by lately.....
It's definitely been nice to (mostly) settle down into a routine and get into the swing of things. My morning starts when Sam wakes me up to tell me he is leaving for work.....I've gotten to the point where I don't really respond anymore--I just kind of make some half-audible noise and roll over. Then I wake up again in about an hour or so and get ready for classes. I have a religion class from 10-11, then it's lunchtime, followed by chemistry from 12-2. Sam and I both come home after this, and the rest of the day tends to consist of homework, TV, dinner, the Wii, and so on. I usually am asleep before midnight nowadays, oddly and boringly enough.
Of course, this whole routine thing will be shaken up in a few weeks with summer term starting. And then it will be shaken up again at the end of August when fall semester starts. Funny thing about routines in college is that they certainly don't hold for longer than four months!
The only other really exciting thing (if you could call it that) is that both Sam and I got our first nasty illness together, at the end of last week. Maybe it was a mild case of the flu, or a really nasty cold, but we both had fevers for a few days, sore throats, and poor Sam even lost his voice. It was not fun, and I'm quite glad it's pretty much over.
I lied, there was one other exciting thing: we have a new niece, Mayce Marler. She was born in May, but already I've forgotten the date.....I've got real brains as of lately. She's really cute, but sadly I don't think I have any pictures of her yet that I can put up here. Hopefully this changes soon, cause everyone loves cute baby pictures :]
Our Stats
We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment