Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Friday, May 14, 2010

Married Life! :]

I apologize that it has taken me so long to write, but between school, work, catching up on both, and being flat out exhausted...........well, let's just say that writing here hasn't been the top thing on my mind.

Sam was correct in his assumption that being in Florida, while fun for the whole aspect of getting to visit Disneyworld, was NOT anything like the weather I love. I despise humidity because it makes my hair frizzy and zaps the energy out of my body (particularly in conjunction with higher heat). Point being, we are definitely not going to be moving to Florida anytime soon.

I quite enjoyed the whole freedom of getting to do whatever we wanted on vacation. I usually feel like vacations have such an agenda, but this time, it was entirely kickback. We would sleep in until early afternoon, just take our time getting ready, and then go out to the parks (and a couple of times downtown Disney) for the evening. It was perfect for my night owl side :]

Honestly, the only downer from the honeymoon was having to do homework. I really didn't want to go to school this spring, but between needing money I get for doing so, and catching up after a rough winter semester....I really had no choice. The worst was definitely the two chemistry assignments and quizzes. They frustrated me sooooooo much, and being tired after a long day of playing at the parks did not make it any easier. But, at least Sam knew a lot of the stuff (it's more the annoying o-chem stuff that he's awesome at and I hate that I had to do) and he was very helpful. Not to mention insanely patient.....what a trooper.

Coming back to reality from a nice vacation has really stunk, in terms of school. Things really haven't gotten much easier in chemistry, and I've had to try and catch up in my religion class. Things just feel so overwhelming, cause I really have to step it up in school, so I'm trying to do everything....and I swear I'm kinda ADD when it comes to focusing for long periods of time. Going to class early and having two straight hours of hard chemistry to focus on has really pushed my limits, but I'm making it somehow.

Married life is a wonderful thing. I LOVE IT. I honestly have the most wonderful and loving husband. I don't know exactly what I was expecting from married life (I mean, it's not like I've ever experienced it before!) but it's been really super the past couple of weeks. The biggest adjustment? Sam has to go to work and be there by 8....I don't even have to get up until 8:30. So, it's been weird to have someone up and making noise and telling me/waking me up at 7:45 to say goodbye. It's not like I don't fall back to sleep, but still just a little different.

So far, since we've been home, there haven't been any really big fights or disagreements, which makes me quite happy. I attribute a lot of that to Sam's never-ending patience and flexibility, cause I know I haven't been the easiest person in the world since we've gotten married, but hey I'm sure trying and that's what mostly matters right? In short, we are just chugging along and hoping for the best in the coming months :]

No comments:

Post a Comment