Spring term ended last Thursday, and I am quite a happy camper about that (I think anyway). Getting used to all the extra time home alone however is definitely going to be odd.....possibly driving me towards the insane. Hopefully not though. So if you are reading this and are bored in the Provo area, you know exactly who to call.
I managed to pull off a C in my New Testament class. That sounds really pathetic for someone who has been (supposedly) reading and studying this their whole life, but honestly, religion classes at BYU are pretty intense. As Sam put it, half of the teachers here throw in their own "space doctrine" (their own doctrinal ideas) and test you on that. Luckily, my teacher wasn't too much like that, and I really enjoyed his lessons. However, he definitely had more material than humanly possible to learn per test (not to mention that he didn't seem to cover half of his lesson objectives in class). Oh well, a C is definitely a decent passing grade.
I don't exactly know what I got in my Biochem class (and may not officially know until next Monday) but hopefully with my extra credit assignments I pulled a B- (which would be my best BYU chem class grade as of date). I could have calculated wrong, but I think I was able to do it. Otherwise I will get a C+. I will probably be disappointed if that's the case, but once again, it's a good passing grade--and a good start to getting back on the right academic track.
Today starts summer, and summer term. Hello hot weather (YUCK)....I mean I guess it's better than cold wet slippery snow, but I would rather not sweat and get sunburned in five minutes. I am a big fan of nice 70 degree weather (aka spring). Oh well.
I am taking one class (Music 202), which is on Monday and Wednesday from 4-6:30 in the evening. I wish it was only one hour every day (I want to keep busy and motivated to do things every day, not to mention that I get kinda ADD after about that long). I would love to take another class and go full time this summer, but school is pretty expensive without a pell grant. I guess I am just having a hard time accepting this because if I had applied for both a spring AND summer pell grant back when I originally applied, I probably could be going full time. As it is, I'm not entirely sure how we are going to pay off one three credit class. Talk about stress, but I guess it's kind of my own fault :/
I guess all of this extra time might give me a chance to work on some goals I have. I really want to make a fresh start with a lot of things, and hey, what better time to start? (And don't say yesterday cause trust me I've had that thought for quite a long time). I fear that some of my goals might be made harder with too much extra time......but one step at a time, right? As long as I don't get overwhelmed, this just might all work out. At least I have a good support team....well at least support partner :]
Our Stats
We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment