Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Monday, August 13, 2012

Great Expectations :]

So much has been happening in our little family lately that I figured it was time to just make a blog post of some sort about it! And I know that I promised a great post from Sam last time, but I'm too impatient to wait any longer (not to mention that he's currently slaving away in the kitchen on dinner/bread making.....so I will cut him some slack). Call him if you really want proof that I haven't locked him away in the closet or something lol.

First off, Jayson turned one! Here are (or I guess were, now that it's a few weeks ago) some of his "one year old stats":


I had some family come in from out of town, so we threw a small little first birthday party for him. While I don't think Jayson really understood any of the games/activities that the older kids enjoyed, he sure liked getting to open presents and eat cake (best part of a party anyway, right?)

We went with a monster theme, and somehow managed to find him a cute, inexpensive monster t-shirt for the party! As you can see, Jayson had a hard week in terms of boo boos before his party. All on separate occasions he got two big scratches on his face, along with a nose and cheek scraping. Don't ask me how half of them happened lol. All I know is that it did happen because we were planning on taking all these pictures (I'm convinced anyway).

Jayson enjoyed his little six inch birthday cake that daddy made him and I frosted. Although, if we had left the frosting off, I think he would have eaten a lot more. Turns out Jayson has a slight aversion to sticky/slimy things. While I'm quite glad he didn't eat the whole thing and have an awful tummy ache, it made me cringe to dispose of an almost whole mini-cake.

This is our home made pinata, and it worked great! We used a box to make a number 1, covered it with strips of fringed tissue paper, stuffed with goodies, and voila! Home made pinata goodness :] Jayson didn't quite get the concept of whacking it open with a stick, but seemed to appreciate our effort nonetheless. After the pinata burst open, Jayson joined in the bustle of kids grabbing candy, took one Airhead candy, and walked away just chewing on the wrapper like he had found gold. It was pretty darn funny.


This past weekend Sam and I got to visit with his family, and enjoy the long awaited graduation ceremony!

Full family picture. For the record, this is the best picture we managed to get of Sam, Jayson and I. Jayson was having NOTHING do to with pictures. Actually, the whole vacation with him was kind of miserable. Wednesday and Thursday, he had a fever on and off of about 102. Don't ask me what on earth it was from (something viral I'd bet though cause he was already on antibiotics). Friday through Saturday we endured teething horror; his top two teeth and one on his lower right managed to break through. Even though we gave him medicine and whatever else he wanted, it didn't totally do the trick. By Sunday he was so exhausted that every little thing set him off into tears and screaming. So, in short, the fact that he even made it to graduation was pretty huge--but I am a little sad that we don't have a picture of us all smiley and happy (oh well).

For some reason, Jayson was much more intrigued by the white tassel on Barbie's cap than the yellow tassel on ours. Oh, and grandpa's hat was also way cooler than our yellow tasseled grad caps. Guess you always want the stuff that isn't yours haha.

Just a little more proof that we went to BYU and managed to graduate :]


 However, out of all the great pictures we took this month, I think this one might be my favorite:

Jayson is so excited to be a big brother! Okay, I don't think he really knows what is going on, but he was at least interested in the pictures on the chalkboard.....good start right? We also are excited (and admittedly kind of overwhelmed some days) to become a family of four. At 19 months apart, I hope that Jayson and his new sibling are best buddies.....at least as much as siblings can be when they are young lol. Having a boy would be great--we already have boy stuff and I think that a brother is an important thing for Jayson to have eventually. But then again having a girl would even up the gender count around this house; it's been weird for me to be in the minority! Either way, we will probably find out in the next month or so, so keep your ears pealed for that announcement!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! He is one already!?! That is too crazy! Congrats on baby #2! Can't wait to hear what baby slaugh will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun news! Congratulations to little baby on the way and little Jayson who is growing so big!

    ReplyDelete