Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Saturday, July 21, 2012

"Filler" Post

Okay, so this isn't Sam....sorry to disappoint. But he swears that he will write the next post about Jayson's birthday and whatnot.....so stay tuned for that in a few weeks :] In the meanwhile I thought I would just do a "filler" post of sorts, so you all knew we were actually still alive up here in Idaho haha.

As always, we will start with Jayson first. Can you believe his first birthday is on Thursday?? Yeah, me either. He is growing up super fast! He goes to the toddler room at daycare everyday now (cue our wallets rejoicing) and loves doing all the big boy stuff they do: crafts, outside play, snack time, etc. He naps from 11:30-1:30 on average every day, drinks whole milk and not formula anymore (cue more wallet rejoicing), is starting to eat a lot more table food in cut up portions, and babbles non-stop--this morning he told me hi twice :] Last weekend we did away with the bottle, and only give him water in a sippy cup for naps/bedtime. I was expecting it to be really hard, but Jayson thankfully proved me wrong. He only cries for about 5-10 minutes before falling asleep, and six out of seven nights he didn't wake up at all!! We are definitely happy parents, and really couldn't ask for a better kid.

I found this pillow pet at DI for only a dollar (usually they sell for 20 in the stores)--since my sister's kids all have one, I decided to spring for it. Best. Decision. EVER. Jayson LOVES his duck! The kids named him Boris, because the duck supposedly looks like Steve from Blue's Clues stuffed animal. Anyway, Jayson runs to Boris every day after we get home from daycare like they've never met before, it's hilarious!

 Jayson is obsessed with all vacuum cleaners, and will chase after them with all his might. We decided to let him have a go vacuuming with something his size, and he was occupied for a looooong time.

Recently Jayson has picked up on daddy's awesome cooking skills. Frequently Jayson will join Sam in the kitchen while he is cooking dinner, whip out this little cup and spoon, stir away, and take an occasional "taste". It's so adorable!
Another of Jayson's new hobbies is "reading" his books. Only plastic books mind you, because his idea of reading also involves tasting the words.....but hey, it's a good start right? Anytime Sam or I sit down on the couch to read, Jayson runs to his room to grab a book and join us. He even tries to say book (he's got the b sound down so far). 

Sam is doing the same old same old in terms of work, and I guess I kind of am too. I only have one more month left of my internship, holy cow! It's hard to believe that in one month I will actually have finished school and gotten my bachelor's degree. It's almost harder to believe that graduation is in a mere three weeks! Which also means that we are moving in six weeks.......don't know whether to be excited about that or scared out of my socks. It will be fantastic to live near family again and not have a three hour commute to visit, but oh man I am NOT looking forward to cleaning and packing. Plus there are the logistics of finding jobs and eventually our own place to live. Oh the joys of real world adulthood.

But for now, I am just going to look forward to all of the exciting things coming up, so I don't lose my sanity.
We have lots of family coming to visit in the next several weeks, so Sam will have pleeeeeeeeeeenty to post on soon :]

No comments:

Post a Comment