Anyhow, as many of you already know, our little family is moving back down to the great-ish state of Utah. (And no, I will not entertain any questions as to why we are moving down there, so don't even get started on the topic.) So this past week we both had our last days of work, so that we could spend this week getting our apartment ready to move. Well, technically, the apartment isn't moving, but all of the stuff in our apartment will be moved. Just had to clarify that there. (^_^) Jayson is still going to daycare this week though, so we have time during the day in which to pack and clean, like I mentioned we would be doing.
Today we wanted to tackle all those parts of our apartment that we shouldn't be needing in the next few days, you know, like clothes, toiletries, foodstuffs, Xbox, computers, Jayson's toys...okay, maybe there was some stuff in there that would have fit the agenda for today (ie: take only what you need to survive), but hey, we still need to live here for a few days. Give me a break. We actually got a lot done, which is nice because we only have a couple more days before the über cleaning must take place.
This is what our stack of boxes looked like after the majority of today's efforts. Let's see, we got the bathroom, Jayson's room, coat closet, and most of the living room taken care of. We also packed the stuff in our room that wasn't clothes or bedding, and the books we had packed a few days ago. Oh, and we took a couple hours break. So, not bad for a day's work. True, we didn't clean at all, but that is what Wednesday and Thursday are for, right.
For some reason I feel that we are using fewer boxes to pack up our house now than when we moved here from Wymount. Maybe we are packing better, or maybe we had just gotten rid of a lot of stuff. But I am completely okay with using fewer boxes; that just makes it easier when we have to fill the truck Thursday night.
So, Jayson may have finally gotten the cold that Samantha and I are just getting over. Sigh. He had his first dental appointment today (he did well, by the way), and he just seemed really tired. He felt a little warm, but it wasn't until we picked him up today that he really was warm. He was even more tired, too, so we just gave him some crackers and a couple breadsticks and let him go to bed. He was practically falling asleep in his dinner as it was, and we didn't want to push it too far.
He is such a cute baby boy. (By the way, those bruises are a result of daycare, they were just really colorful today.) Boy does he love his bread products though. In spite of his exhaustion, he went at those breadsticks like there was no tomorrow.
Jayson has been a lot more cuddly with Samantha recently. I wonder if it's because he knows that most of the time when I want him to come be with me it's because I need to wipe his nose, or change his diaper, or change his clothes, or put shoes on, etc? Hmm, there may just be a pattern there.
Well, I need to sign off here in a little bit because we have a big day tomorrow, what with packing up the kitchen and what not.
By the way, I am going to put in a plug for my recipe blog, found at samslaugh.blogspot.com. I put different recipes on there, complete with instructions and pictures, of food that my family likes. So you should go there and make some food. After you read this post and comment, of course.
(^_^)
No comments:
Post a Comment