Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Like To Move It, Move It!

Well, another month has passed. And since I know you all are just DYING to see Jayson's new trick, here's a video for ya :]


Jayson took his first steps (literally only three steps) the day before he turned ten months old. Now, at 10 and a half months he is practically cruising! He does still fall a lot, but thanks to all the other kids at daycare who run circles around him, he's pretty motivated to walk like the big kids do lol.



Other fun things about Jayson..........
  • We switched his formula to the regular blue-can Similac stuff this weekend......and it looks like he's not lactose intolerant! This was a concern of mine, especially for when he was going to start real milk here soon (the lactose-free and soy milks are pricey!) but seems like we will be in the clear. Plus this stuff has dramatically "solidified" him, so multiple blow outs are seeming more and more like a thing of the past......which in all seriousness is changing our lives in a really good way lol.
  • Today he spent four hours playing in the toddler room at daycare (he usually spends his days in the baby room)! He got to play outside in the grass and loved it--unfortunately the top part of his head got a tad bit sunburned (apparently he doesn't have quite enough hair to protect him there yet hehe).  It's not bothering him at all, thank goodness.
  • They celebrated a birthday in the toddler room today and he got to eat a cupcake! I wasn't planning on letting him have sweets until his own first birthday......but I'm trying to let it go and realize that: he's pretty close to one anyway, and as long as he doesn't have them too often it will all be okay. He still ate his dinner tonight, so it couldn't have turned his taste off of real food too badly. I'm kinda sad I missed seeing it though, I bet it would have been picture worthy.
  • We have tried desperately to get Jayson to embrace finger foods. He outright refuses anything (and has even gone so far as to gag and vomit over it) except for crackers. He LOVES LOVES LOVES crackers! So much for our non-picky eater lol. Maybe when he gets more teeth this food thing will all fall into place.
As for Sam and I, we are just trying to do the responsible adult thing and go to work every day. Sometimes it's a struggle (bed sounds soooo much more appealing at 5:30 am), but at the end of the day, I think we are both glad that we put hard work and effort into learning/getting stuff done. I'm finishing up my last few weeks in the main section of our lab, and then it's back to the micro department for a month. I can't believe that I only have a little over two months left of my internship! As much as time seems to drag by the hour, it flies by the weeks.

I promise that Sam will write next time so you all know his is alive :]

1 comment: