Speaking of years, guess what happened exactly a week ago? Yup--Sam and I celebrated a whopping two years of marriage together, along with three years of actually knowing each other (funny how those coincide so precisely). This fact got me thinking about some of the (bigger) things we've done in the past three years together.......
So this is THE FIRST picture of me and Sam ever, back in May 2009--look at how young we were haha. I won't bore you with the twenty million pictures from that summer, but it was probably the best summer of our lives :]
So in July of 2009 Sam and I decided we wanted to get married.......fast forward to this picture taken October 31st of '09.......the night he finally proposed to me with a CTR ring. Sure took him long enough (and I won't even delve into the many reasons why lol).
I got my real awesome sparkly diamond in January of 2010......we had our awesome engagement pictures taken a month later.
May 1, 2010: We finally got hitched! I like this picture because we didn't actually know it was being taken, so it's an actual candid representation of how happy we were.
On our honeymoon......the only real vacation we've taken so far. And probably the only real vacation we will take for a very long time lol. We went to Disney World and I almost died of the humidity. Sam thought it was the best thing ever.....weirdo.
November 17, 2010: Sam and I were nuts enough to start a family mid-way through college! Luckily pregnancy didn't do a whole lot other than exhaust me (and make me feel like a giant whale after a while) so I managed to make it through school just dandy.
May 1, 2011: First anniversary! Snapped this right before we braved Red Lobster for lunch. That was the day we found out that as long as Sam orders something not seafood from there, we actually can eat at that restaurant! Hurray for Sam's seafood allergy not being too bad--otherwise our anniversary might not have turned out so great lol.
July 26, 2011: Jayson was born at 40 weeks and 1 day (yes I counted every last day near the end)! Life has been a lot crazier ever since, but I wouldn't trade it for anything (other than maybe a child free date every now and then lol).
May 1, 2012: Second anniversary! Sam sent me these beautiful flowers when I was at work.....made my day :] We got Jimmy Johns take out (a sandwich place in case you were wondering) for dinner, and of course Jayson insisted on being at the table with us during dinner, as opposed to just eating his bottle on the floor. What a stinker, but hey, guess that's what we signed up for with a kid lol.
And of course I couldn't end any post without a picture or video of Jayson! Bought him this toy from D.I. a couple of weekends ago.....best four dollars I ever spent! He just figured out how to walk and not tip the toy over on him yesterday, and it's all he wants to do now. What a goober!
No comments:
Post a Comment