Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Thursday, April 12, 2012

What Have The Slaughs Been Doing Lately?

I am long overdue to write a good post, so I guess I will spend part of my sick day off updating you all on our going-ons (and not studying, yay lol)!

First off, we will start with the youngest member of the family, good old Jayson.
  •  Last Monday we took Jayson into the doctor because he just was being incredibly cranky and not himself at daycare--turns out he had a double ear infection and an eye infection. I felt awful about not going sooner, poor little baby. 
  • The medicine they gave him for the ear infection gave him a real upset stomach if he didn't eat at least 3 ounces of formula before taking it. I found this out the hard way, when he threw up for the first time ever about an hour after taking it. I was just glad he cried and got my attention to go check on him (he was sleeping in his crib) before he actually threw up, because I had to hold him on his side so he didn't choke. Turns out babies tend to projectile vomit. It was pretty scary, and of course Sam was gone donating plasma. But.....we all survived okay. And today was his last dose of antibiotics, yay!
  • On Sunday we noticed that he is finally getting his two bottom teeth! His bottom right tooth is about a day or two ahead of the left one, and you can't see them unless you are looking a bit more closely......but my chomped on finger can assure you they are coming quickly!
  • Jayson is incredibly mobile! He is pretty much a pro at pulling himself up and cruising on the furniture. This morning he almost pulled down the printer trying to get at something on top of it. And he has discovered our open pantry of food--the relish bottle is his favorite thing to commandeer (of course it is the heaviest). Things are becoming less and less safe around here *sigh*.
  • According to the daycare, Jayson is always busy, which I can second when he's at home. They tell us some of his favorite things to do are cruising around on their little walking bar that's attached to the wall, or banging one toy against another. Oh and play in the ball pit with his friends lol.
  • At home, Jayson has begun to get more anxious if we leave a room without him, even though he is quite capable of crawling to find us-I'm thinking this is kind of his stranger anxiety thing manifesting itself. 
  • When Jayson is in a good mood, it's the greatest! I love when I come back to him after being gone for a while--he lights up with a huge grin, starts clapping, and pants like a dog (his new thing) cause he gets all excited. It's super funny and cute :]
Then of course, the next in line is me.
  • Still doing the internship thing. Finished up in the chemistry department a couple of weeks ago, and passed my final there, hurray! I'm now in hematology, but I've been sick enough to practically miss a whole week of it (out of two). Gosh darn daycare bugs.....I catch them every time!  Hematology is a different experience, and I'm still trying to convince myself that I like it.....but hopefully once I feel more comfortable things will all fall into place and I will enjoy it more so.
  • Phlebotomy has been an adventure, since they changed me to working 6th floor and not Women's Center. 6th floor is kind of a more care-intensive rest home, so the age and condition of people I draw now is definitely more challenging. However, as I've been getting a little bit more comfortable with things up there, I've been doing somewhat better. Plus, you do get to know people a bit more when they stick around.
  • I'm gonna be an old fogey on Saturday! Not really, but I'm turning 23, which sounds weird. Everything after 21 has sounded weird to me though, because my whole life that was the big milestone to hit. Guess 30 is what I have my eye on getting to next lol.
Finally we get to Sam.
  • Sam loves his new job for the most part. Don't ask me a whole lot about what he does, because I really try to stay out of it so he's not tempted to break his confidentiality agreement, but I can tell he enjoys getting out and doing something food science related. And he loves getting a good paycheck for a hard couple weeks' work :]
  • However, Sam misses getting the chance to play his video games as often, especially his new X-Box ones (our tax return gift to him). We pretty much only get to do stuff like that on the weekends now cause we are so busy during the week, but he copes very well lol.
  • Sam has got to see more of his family lately! Barbie was down visiting with us on Saturday and Sunday, so we mixed things up a bit from our usual quiet and boring weekends. Sam's dad got in last night, and is staying with us until Friday evening, when we go down to Salt Lake.
Which leads me to the fact that we are going to be visiting lots of family this weekend! We are going down for Clara's baby blessing (Lorri and David's youngest daughter) on Sunday, and going to spend Saturday with my family doing who know what haha. I'm betting that Jayson will get to see all of his cousins in one weekend, and who knows when that will happen again! Too bad he probably won't remember it lol.

And just for fun, we'll end with a picture of Jayson feeding Sam. It was the first time we ever let him go crazy with his loaded spoon, and it turned out kinda funny because he just gave up feeding himself after a while and tried on Sam instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment