July 25th was a big day. Actually, it was probably one of the biggest days of my life. Why, do you ask? Well, it is because on that day Samantha started to go into labor with our son, who was born the next day at 7:56 pm. Jayson Owen Slaugh, son of Sam and Samantha Slaugh.
The story began 9 months ago. After Samantha and I were married, we determined pretty quickly that we wanted to have children. We began our efforts, but for many months were unsuccessful in our attempts. I remember the nervous excitement each month as we awaited the results of each pregnancy test, and I remember the horrible sadness which would set in when we realized that we had yet again failed. I began to wonder if we would even get pregnant, if there was something very wrong with me, or if God simply didn’t want us to have children. I began to lose hope.
Finally, one night in November, Samantha sent me to Del Taco for dinner. I came back, only to see Samantha sitting on the couch. The bathroom light was on, and she asked me if I would turn it off. I found this to be a strange request, seeing as how it normally didn’t bother either one of us if a light was on, but I acquiesced. Lo and behold, sitting on the bathroom counter was a pregnancy test, and it was positive. I shuffled back out to Samantha with a silly grin on my face, and one on her face to match. That was one of the best nights of my life. By the way, ever since that night I have come to associate Del Taco with that level of happiness.
The months flew by. For the longest time it seemed that nothing happened. But every time something happened my excitement grew: when she started to show, the one time she felt morning sickness, when we realized that we would soon be able to find out the baby’s gender. That was an amazing day too.
But nothing will compare with the day he was born. Well, I need to go for the time being cause Jayson just woke up again. I will continue the story later.
No comments:
Post a Comment