Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Monday, June 6, 2011

Repentance

My wife informs me that it has been a full 20 days since this blog has last been posted upon. I remember a few days, maybe a week ago she asked me if I even like writing on here. The answer to that would be an emphatic yes. However, as I told her, I have a hard time coming up with things to write about. So I hope that you will forgive the ramblings of my mind.
This has been a interesting few weeks. I'm trying to think back to a good point from which to bring you up to date, and the only thing that comes to mind is Granny B's cookies. Yes, those giant cookies with the pink frosting that will supply you with half of your calorie needs for a week. I was hired as a product development intern there, and I started work on May 18. I don't know how many of you were privy to my struggles in finding an internship, but I have to admit that I had pretty much given up home of finding one. I had friends put in good words for me at many companies, I applied to every job on campus I felt I was qualified for, but it felt like I was just getting turned down for no good reason. It was a very frustrating situation because I didn't know why I was getting turned down when it seemed like I should have been the perfect candidate. Samantha kept on telling me that there was something out there, that the job I was waiting for was out there. I believed her, even though sometimes it felt hopeless. Enough pity though. One day I got an email from Dr Steele with information regarding an internship at Granny B's cookies, and I jumped on it. To make an already long story short, I applied and was invited to an interview the following Monday. The interview went well, and the next day I was hired. So, now I work with cookies and frosting every day. Best job ever! "Pilsbury" is back, and he's better than ever. The first week and a half were hard though, because we didn't really know what to work on, and the priorities were unclear. But now we have everything worked out, and things are going well.
On another subject, Samantha and the baby are doing well. No, he hasn't been born yet, and won't be for a while, hopefully. My wife is very tired though; making a baby is hard work, apparently. I am really excited for next week though because at Samantha's OB appointment, we are getting another ultrasound! You see, normally DMBA (her insurance) only pays for one ultrasound, even though most other insurances will give you at least two. I mean, we had gotten one ourselves a long time ago and found out the baby was a boy, but we were really sad that we weren't going to have a 3rd trimester ultrasound to make sure that everything was going okay. But last time at the OB's, Dr Broadbent informed us that he wanted us to have another ultrasound to get measurements of the baby. When we asked if we had to pre-approve the ultrasound, he simply said that he wouldn't bill us for it. Awesome!! So now we only have another week before we get to see our baby again. I am way excited because I will see who has been treating my wife like a punching bag for the past few months. (^_^)
Anyway, that is all I can think about at the moment. Hopefully I will be able to post again soon as I think of more things to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment