Of course it's been almost a month since I've written, but I have a feeling that I will be doing a lot better on updating after Thursday--hurray for being done with Spring classes! But boo for still having finals left to take on Wednesday and Thursday :/
I'm sure you all are just DYING to know about how the baby is.....and even if you aren't I am going to tell you because really, aside from school and work, there's not much else exciting going on in my life (and I don't think I could classify either work or school as terribly exciting come to think of it). Yesterday I had my 34 week appointment......just saying that kinda blows me away at how close things are getting! Anyway, they did an ultrasound to check that everything was still going okay and to get some more measurements closer to the due date than the 20 week ultrasound.
For Sam and I it was just fun to get to be able to see him again, and WOW has he gotten a lot bigger! I think that point was most striking when we got to see his face for a second or two, and I could actually distinguish his nose, eyes, etc so much better than last time, when he just kinda looked like an alien blob. Plus he definitely didn't even come close to fitting on the whole screen this time. And speaking of last time, if you recall, he was a little stinker and wouldn't show off his manliness so we could confirm boy--but this time right away he gave us a good shot of himself, so at least we can now all be confident that he's definitely going to be a boy! This was a relief to Sam in particular, who was probably a bit nervous that we had spent money and time on the wrong gender. Also, just to help direct your guesses as to what he is going to weigh at birth, the ultrasound predicted his current weight at 5 pounds 5 ounces (but it can be off a pound either way). I think I'm going to guess 7 pounds 8 ounces for the record.
I haven't taken a picture in the past couple of weeks, but I feel so HUGE lately. I'm sure that in a few more weeks I will be wishing I was this small again.....but really, there is no question now to anyone that I'm pregnant. Especially to me when he decides to try and move around--I don't think he's gotten the memo that there isn't that kind of space anymore and it is not terribly comfortable. I've gotten to the point where I'm ready to be done being pregnant and would love for him to come at any time now. I want what is healthiest for him ultimately, but if he would be okay being born today, I would pack my bag and walk to the hospital!
P.S. Just as a fun side note, I have started a recipe blog (that I will try and update fairly frequently) of things that I have made and found yummy....so you should check it out: samanthasrandomrecipes.blogspot.com
Our Stats
We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love hearing how the baby is doing Samantha! I don't know about you, but your pregnancy has FLOWN by for me! Haha. I'd love to see a picture if you put one up! :)
ReplyDelete