Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Friday, April 15, 2011

This Just Might Be A Long Year

My 22 birthday? Nothing short of interesting.......and I'm sure fairly typical of how an overly hormonal pregnant woman's birthday should be haha. Oh.....and before I forget, thanks to all of you who wished me happy birthday, it was really nice :]

The first 2/3 of my day were pretty super. I got to sleep in, get my toenails painted all nice and new (I know be jealous that my husband rocks), go to JoAnn's and pick up letters to paint/put above the baby's crib, get a free lunch at Golden Corral courtesy of my advisor for the CLS program and socialize with my friends, and even take a nice long two hour nap after I got home (yeah I know, I'm getting all senile and old lol).

The whole problem arose after the nap. Guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something, because when we FINALLY found out news on Sam's internship, I totally lost it. Back story: Sam applied for an internship with this meat company in West Jordan about three months ago.....it was the only internship that was local-ish and would work out with me going to school in the spring (which by the way I absolutely 100 percent have to do).They finally gave him an interview a month and a half ago, and then seriously took until yesterday to get back to him with their answer, which in case you were wondering was something along the lines of try again. We were just so convinced that he was going to get this that it really got me panicked--I apparently don't deal with sudden last minute changes in job/money status very well. Needless to say, the rest of my evening was spent trying to be a grown up and figure out how to make the situation work. SO not what I wanted to do on a day where you are supposed to celebrate.....guess this is just part of growing up though. And after that it just felt like everything was caving in: my book sell-back prices don't look very promising according to the email they sent out, my family had to reschedule my birthday party that was supposed to be on Saturday (their vacation plans changed a bit), and other such trivial things that tend to set a person off once they are already in a mood (or like I mentioned earlier, just plain pregnant).

However, today is a new day thank goodness! I'm feeling better about things (I think anyway) and my breakfast of homemade blueberry pancakes were super delicious :] Now just to have the motivation to study for my upcoming finals......

P.S. The much promised picture of our crib! Gotta love the stuffed frog that is our current baby substitute!

No comments:

Post a Comment