Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Friday, April 15, 2011

Dinner 4/15/2011

We just had a really yummy dinner, so I thought that I would let everyone know what we had.
Dinner started with me defrosting a pound of hamburger, and dicing about 2/3 cup onion. I then put the hamburger and onions in a pan and then started cooking it over medium heat with a heavy pinch of salt. When the hamburger was cooked through I added about 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms and 3/4 cup thickly sliced black olives. I added a can of petite diced tomatoes with sweet onions and 1/4 cup tomato paste, then covered the pan and reduced the heat to low and let the sauce simmer while i prepared the rest of the dinner.
speaking of which, the rest of dinner consisted of cheese ravioli and mushroom Alfredo sauce. the Alfredo sauce was a little butter, mushrooms, cream, Parmesan, and garlic sauce. Samantha was in charge of her Alfredo sauce. She always does a really good job with it, and its for her, so I let her do it.
About 5 minutes before we ate I seasoned my tomato sauce, which already had a lot of really good flavor. I added a lot of pepper, some garlic salt, basil, oregano, and some thyme to bring out the mushroom flavor. It tasted so good. Samantha even liked it. And it tasted yummy with the ravioli. Anyway, that was dinner, and I just wanted to let everyone know that it was really good.

1 comment: