Firstly, Samantha has got a cute baby belly! The other day she woke up and mentioned that her belly was sore, and when she got up we saw how big her belly had gotten. It was amazing how quickly " " expanded his living space. She is so cute, and I love her.
Also, I was just reminded that went, um, pilfered some pictures from our doctor's office ultrasound. (Thank you PrtSc button). I will add some of those pictures at the end of this post or in a subsequent post. I personally think the pictures from our first ultrasound were of a higher quality than our second one, but we actually got measurements from the second one. I guess I can't be too upset with the doctor for not being able to determine our baby's gender (yes I know, it wasn't really his fault) considering that he told us our baby's growth was right on schedule.
" " seems to have also developed a dislike of his room, seeing as how he enjoys kicking/punching Samantha on a very regular basis. It's really fun to feel him squirm around, but I only get to feel one or two good kicks before he calms down as a result of me touching him. I remember one night when " " was kicking a lot, and then I put my hand on Samantha's tummy, and he stopped kicking. Then as soon as I took my hand away he started kicking again. Geez, he's not even born and he already is being obstinate.
So, Friday night I participated in the BYU Iron Chef competition. There were three teams from Food Science and two teams from FACS (Family and Consumer Sciences). We were given a $40 budget and 60 minutes to make an appetizer, entree, and dessert using 3 of 5 possible secret ingredients (peanut butter, honey butter, phyllo dough, canned tomatoes, and cornflakes). The ingredients upon which our team ultimately created our succulent variations were phyllo dough, canned tomatoes, and honey butter. The appetizer was a phyllo dough shell filled with sauteed chicken and onions and spinach artichoke dip and baked until the phyllo dough was lightly browned. Our entree was a tomato and quinoa soup (which won the award "Most likely to be found in a food storage cookbook). Dessert was my brainchild: bananas poached in a honey butter syrup and topped with a peanut butter custard sauce, candied cornflakes, and dark and white chocolate ganache. The aforementioned award was the only one which our team received, although according to Samantha (who was our spy among the spectators), our food was the most talked about (in a good way). I was really happy with how everything turned out, but I was also a little disappointed that we didn't win the competition. Oh well. At least I came up with a really good dessert recipe. Well, this post is getting lengthy, so I shall conclude. Ttyl.
No comments:
Post a Comment