Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Life In School

Okay, I'm sorry............it's been my turn to write and I haven't written a thing on here in FOREVER, but I'm finding that it's harder than I previously imagined to keep up two blogs and take 17 credit hours! I know it's an excuse, but hopefully you guys can all understand and forgive me :]

I don't know how much I have to report other than SCHOOL. Like I said, I've got my plate pretty full with my classes. I am taking Statistics (MWF 9-10 am), Cell Biology (MWF 10-11 am), Intro to Music (MWF 11-12 am), Family History (MW 1-2 pm), Intro to Clinical Lab Science (T 8-10:30 am), Infection and Immunity (TTh 1-2:45 pm) and Beginning Swimming (6-7 pm).

Sam and I have Statistics together which is helpful and hard all at the same time; I love being able to ask him stuff, but I hate the fact that he totally can rock the subject while I struggle (jealousy I know and I'm trying to be nice to him about the fact that he's better lol). I hate Cell Biology with a passion because the teacher expects you to already be an expert in molecular biology (which I am anything but) and doesn't really answer your questions; rather he just tries to get you to figure it out on your own. It feels like the biggest waste of my time and GPA as of yet. I like Intro to Music cause most of the stuff is fairly straightforward, and if you put some time into studying for the exams you can do just fine. Family History is my new passion! I absolutely love the class and am soooooo glad that I signed up for it. Intro to Clinical Lab Science is not so bad, but sometimes it's a little stressful not knowing exactly what to do and knowing that if you mess up on something you've probably destroyed the rest of the testing. And really, I'd love it a lot more if it wasn't at 8 am! Infection and Immunity has been really rough so far--the teacher that I have goes somewhat overboard in the details and the textbook is really hard to understand. But lately I've been seeing it get a bit easier and more interesting, so I have hope. And last but not least is Beginning Swimming, and I like it because we are more or less just allowed to work out and go at our own pace (which is slow but steady btw).

Oh, and this semester I applied to the Clinical Lab Science program. I am very nervous because I am not the best student (my grades for the program average out around a C+) and I don't know how much that actually factors in (although I am definitely trying to change and be better now). From what I have heard the biggest deal is just completing all of the prerequisite classes and not failing.........but I guess we will find out. I have NO backup plan if I don't make it in this semester because I don't have the money to repeat any of the prereq classes (thank you new scholarship rules SO much) so this is my only shot. I figure if this is what the Lord wants for me, he will create a way for it to happen. It's just kind of a waiting game to find out now, but I should probably know within the next month or so.

Now that you know all about my (boring) life............Sam has been busy with school too, working about 15 hours a week, and being a super awesome supportive husband (and lemme tell you, I've really needed that!). I will let him tell you more about his life, cause now it's his turn to post :]

                       (Us on a school field trip to Yellowstone in September!)

No comments:

Post a Comment