Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Progress

Here's the progress I've made since both mine and Sam's  last post:
  • Invitations are DONE being worded and ordered, thank goodness! (P.s. next up is addressing all 175 or so....UGH)
  • Reception plans are pretty much finalized. Hurrah for having a reception place (and parents) that do almost everything for you....it is MUCHO appreciated :]
  • I finally actually have a job now--making money is a good thing, cause without it our proposed budget would face flop. I'm essentially being a TA of sorts, grading audio clips of students (in which English is not their first language)  saying a sentence in English. I pretty much mark words right or wrong on the computer screen and click next. Simple and always varied = perfect in my opinion.
  • I took 2 tests today (Intro to Bio-organic Chemistry and Physiology) and didn't fail either one of them! I seriously studied for the Chem test for about 6 or 7 hours, but I think it paid off.....hopefully my best Chem test score in BYU Chem class history is soon to get handed back to me. And Physiology.....well I didn't fail, and that was a miracle all things considered.
  • Sam and I actually figured out when we were going to pay off all of our bills on our budget throughout the month....and came to a workable agreement. This is good, cause going into debt is not pleasant but ya gotta pay the bills. Living is so expensive lol.
  • We found a couch and loveseat set that are fairly new (and look to be in good condition) for 130 dollars on craigslist--and we are going to buy them on the 7th so we can furnish our new apartment. Woohoo!
  • Speaking of...I never mentioned that we actually found a place to live. I think I will force Sam to blog more details on that soon lol.
  • My wedding band got ordered today, which is exciting, cause I didn't think we would be able to afford to get one until after the wedding. Funny how things manage to work out sometimes :]
  • Sam's wedding ring came tonight (we ordered it online) and it fit and looked nice. Thank goodness, cause I was not looking forward to the idea of having to exchange it for something more expensive.....
I'm sure there's more stuff that I'm forgetting, but that's probably enough of a mouthful for right now anyway!
Samantha

P.S. I can't believe that I'm getting married in a month.....sometimes that just hasn't quite sunk in yet......

No comments:

Post a Comment