Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Friday, February 10, 2012

Another day another destiny

Greetings one and all. I have once again decided to heed the words of my wife and post on this blog. It has been a while, and I just felt like letting you know of some of the happenings which had recently happened, which I just happen to want to tell you about. The fact that Samantha also really wanted me to post has nothing to do with me posting, not at all.
So, firstly, I realized tonight that Jayson is getting really big. He can sit up by himself, he is learning how to crawl, he is eating food really well, he is sleeping unswaddled, he mostly sleeps through the night, he can hold his own bottle, and he is really starting to interact with me when we play. He is such a big boy. (To all you parents out there, yes I realize that all parents feel this way, and that it is normal, but I'm still getting used to this whole Dad thing.)
Jayson sitting up is probably the best thing that ever happened to me, though. It has made the time we spend together much more enjoyable, mainly because I don't have to hold him up constantly. But, the other thing that him learning how to sit up has been better is bath time.
Of course, I think that the main reason he likes bath time is because he gets to slap the water as much as he wants, and it makes a really fun sound. But that's fine with me because it means that he doesn't mind taking a bath.
Today he decided that he wanted to use his blue bath cup to learn how to drink from a cup. But does he want to try using one of the two baby sippy cups we bought for him? No, that would be too easy. Oh well. At least he is learning how to use a cup somewhere, and he didn't really drink any bath water, so all's well that ends well. It's more of a pain for me to bathe him instead of just washing him while I'm in the shower (holding him of course), but he likes it better, so I indulge him.
On another note, I think that everyone is finally starting to get better. Jayson had a nasty cold (fun-colored snot and all), and Samantha had some kind of stomach bug, and I had some congestion and stuffy nose. Samantha and I seem to be almost completely over our illnesses, but Jayson still has a cough. It makes me so sad, especially when I wake up in the middle of the night to hear him coughing. It doesn't really wake him up anymore, but it still is really sad.
Oh, did you know that I have started a recipe blog? The address is samslaugh.blogspot.com. I don't have a lot of recipes up yet, but the ones that are there are some of my favorites, especially my pizza dough recipe. It's fun to take pictures and try to think about the steps I am actually taking when I make food: so much of my cooking is a little bit of this, and a little bit of that, and cook it until it's done, that it makes it hard to write up a recipe. But I have done my best, so I hope that at least someone benefits from my efforts.
Well, now that I have said my piece, I will conclude.
Bis spaeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment