Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Monday, November 14, 2011

A love story

Let me tell you a story about love. Specifically, my love for you, Samantha.
I don't know exactly when, but one day I found myself the proud caretaker of a strange new creature: a creature called love. Yes, my love for you was born while I wasn't looking, and it took up a place deep inside me. And then that love started to grow. It fascinated and shocked me how fast it grew, and soon it outgrew the little home I had made for it deep in my heart. So, I decided to take a little piece of it out and share it with you. I thought the  feeling of satisfaction that filled me meant that I had satisfied my love for you, but I only adding kindling to the little fire which had been started, for my love started to grow.
Faster and faster it grew, and, desperate to keep from exploding because my love was growing too quickly, I shared my love for you with the whole world. Still, no matter how many people I told of our love, no matter how many times I shouted it out from the hills and mountains, I could not find a way to keep my love for you from pouring out of me. Surely there must be something in this whole wide world that could hold my love, keep it close and yet continue to let my love for Samantha shine, I thought. So I found a magic stone, which shone like the sun, and gave it to you, with a promise that every day I would pour my love into the stone, and that it would continue to sparkle and shine with my love whenever you laid eyes on it.
The magic diamond was a marvelous plan, but I failed to realize that no amount of earthly time or prowess could ever contain even a fraction of my love for you. No, it would take all of eternity itself to even begin to hold and show these feelings. The only option, I came to know, was to do just that: allow our love to be bound to each other for time and for all eternity. And as I sat watching infinite reflections of you and me, I realized that finally, I had been a part of a miracle. Only through our marriage could our love have continued for all time, and beyond.
But even eternity does not reflect how my love continues to grow. No, in order for me to show you how my love for you is alive, I needed living evidence of our love. And through our son, Jayson, this is possible. He was made through our love, and so his very life is a testament to the same. Every time he smiles, or laughs, cries, or coos, he makes my world go soft. As he grows, so does my love.
Samantha, I love you more than words can say. You make my world wonderful, tolerable, and bearable.

To the best woman, mother, wife, and supporter in the world, I honestly pray that these words will remain with you as long as my love survives.

No comments:

Post a Comment