Best Blogger Tips

Our Stats

We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ears!

Bet you are going to be shocked that this is not a post about my boys (or school)! Every once in a while something fun happens to me that doesn't have anything to do with my education, Juji Bean, or hubby--rare but true! This past weekend my sister told me that my oldest niece Kailey wanted to get her ears pierced, the day after her 7 and a half year mark (because her half birthday happens to fall on a Sunday this year). Their philosophy has always been to let her get them done when she asked. So when I asked her why she was waiting until that particular date, she just shrugged. I told her that if she was brave enough to get it done that particular day I'd go with her (I guess I was just eager for her lol). This really excited her, because lately she has been into hanging out with me. And so has her four year old sister, Bridgett. They are always my buddies when I visit! So of course, when she overheard about us going, she reaaalllly wanted to go. Anyway, after a lot of debate, my sister decided Bridgett could get her ears pierced too.

So off we went to the mall! Kailey went first; she was nervous and wanted to hold her mom's hand, and of course cried a little bit (at least they did her ears at the same time) but was totally good a few minutes and a lollipop later. And she looks so adorable with her little blue flower earrings! Bridgett on the other hand was the brave kid who held onto the stuffed cat and didn't even flinch--but of course she cried too after the initial shock wore off. It took a little bit longer for her to stop crying, but she is only four and totally that kind of kid anyway. She decided 10 minutes later that she was glad she got it done after all, and loved her pink flower earrings (I do too and am totally jealous lol).

After we paid an arm and a leg for each kid (seriously, it was almost 50 bucks!) we went and got the girls lunch at Hot Dog on a Stick. Best raspberry lemonade EVER! And you know how I bummed some off of them? By making a sour face each time I drank the lemonade. Genius huh? It totally made them laugh. And p.s. I did pay for their lunches so I didn't feel too bad about having a few sips.

Kailey post ear piercing

Bridgett post ear piercing

I seriously had such fun on my "girls day out". Hopefully someday I have a little girl that I can share experiences with--but if it's going to be the ear piercing trip I think I will make my sister come with me, because I was so nervous for the girls that I can't imagine what it will be like when my own daughter is in the chair! And I definitely say daughter because I will KILL Jayson if he ever gets anything pierced!

No comments:

Post a Comment