Life in a nutshell since Friday ....
First off we rented a U-Haul here in Provo and drove it down to Salt Lake on Saturday, to pick up our kitchen table and bed. My mom has been dying to get rid of her giant California King size bed, so of course Sam and I felt it appropriate to take it off her hands :] She also had an extra kitchen table, so we figured why not? We got super lucky with the fact that my sister had an extra dresser for us to borrow, so that got loaded in too.
On our way back to Provo, we decided to stop at Ikea (I love that store by the way, oddly enough) and browse around. We found an end table and a small coffee table for a really good deal and couldn't resist getting them (we really needed something to put our TV and fishtank on).
So....our apartment actually looks like home now with all the furniture in it and whatnot. It's not so creepy to live/sleep here any more, for which I'm quite grateful! I'm also really glad that we are pretty much done furnishing, and got away with everything for really cheap (thanks to everyone that gave us stuff for free and helped out!!).
Life in a nutshell this week....
Uhm yeah....this week doesn't really look like much fun at all. Sam and I are both behind in school (him somewhat, me tragically). Of course, with classes being done on Tuesday, we are scrambling to try and catch up so we don't miserably fail. Not that either one of us is probably going to fail any classes, it's just looking a tad bit grim for some stuff.
Then the dreaded finals start Friday. I'm looking at taking three, and Sam has four. I have to pretty much ace all three of mine (New Testament, Physiology, and Chemistry) which kind of feels like a joke right now. I wish I could get a clean start at this semester again.....but that isn't going to happen, so I'm just going to try to salvage this mess and move on. Oh, I have a comment about reading days: does anyone ever really just sit down and study like good students for both days? Cause if so I miserably fail at that too.
The happy things happening this week are the band concert Tuesday night (yet I will be sad to be out of an ensemble and not really playing until the fall) and my birthday Wednesday. Funny how 21 is supposed to be a somewhat big deal, yet it's probably not going to be all that intense. At least I got a good birthday present this year--too bad I'm out of shape though, or it would be even better haha.
Our Stats
We began our little Slaugh family chapter on May 1, 2010, in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple about 2 and half years ago! Sam stays busy working for Ralcorp Frozen Foods (better known as the people who make cookies for Lofthouse), creating all sorts of fun new recipes to go out for production. Samantha also stays pretty busy, working over in the laboratory blood bank at St. Mark's Hospital. Jayson is 1 and a half years old and growing up so quickly--he never ceases to amaze us! Maxwell is just one week old, but has already brought a fun new dynamic to our house. We love music, making new friends (that means YOU!), eating good food, being with our super awesome families, and each other :]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment